Welcome back to the Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Do you think conferences are a waste of time? Don’t worry, so many people, including entrepreneurs, do but they don’t have to be! Today I will talk about the 4 things that will take your conference experience to the next level.
Let’s go through my advice on how to make the most of your time at a conference so that it benefits you and the people you meet there.
[00:01 – 2:45] Opening Segment
- I introduce the theme for today based on an article I wrote
- Let’s talk about 4 things that will have the most impact in a conference
[02:45 – 18:06 ] 4 Things To Make the Most Out of A Conference
- Having a plan
- Figuring out your audience
- Getting a list of attendees
- Knowing how to use this to identify your goals and map your out your session
- Developing an “elevator pitch”
- Why it’s important
- This is what I did for my pitch along with some other examples
- Being focussed on effective networking
- Be memorable
- Make a statement and stand out
- Have your Pitch, Story and Ask (PSA)
- I give you my PSA and how it works for me
- Skip the photo-op or book-signing
- My opinion on why meet and greets aren’t very beneficial and what to do instead.
- Giving back and thanking the presenters
- I briefly discuss the importance of thanking the people you meet with
[18:36- 21:53] Closing Segment
- I finish off with the last point – Remembering you are the brand
- I talk about the attraction of confidence
- This is “my authority”
- You need to “act as if”
- I give you an example with celebrities
- Call to Action
“Hone down who you are and be ready to deliver it.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
“What makes you special? Why are you the authority in whatever it is you have to offer?” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
“Sometimes you need to just “act as if” you have already written that book, you’ve already got thousands of subscribers and listeners, you’ve already launched your product and made millions…borrow that confidence.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story; whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
What’s your Micro Empire?
To know more, visit our website https://micro-empires.com/ and I’ll see you there!