Welcome back to the Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Our theme for today is based on a question from a listener about how to build a micro empire even within your job/company. I’ve mentioned this concept in an older podcast but today I want to give you practical steps on how you can get this done, and YES! It can be done.
Why don’t we dive right in so I can help set you up for success within the company you’re in now.
[00:01 – 2:11] Opening Segment
- I introduce today’s theme using a question from a listener about building a micro empire within your job
- I give an introduction to the upcoming answers with an example of my own story in sales
[02:11 – 11:40 ]The steps to take to build your empire while in your job
- I talk about how to focus on productivity
- Setting up blocks
- Organizing your personal calendar with colors
- Knowing exactly what time you work on your company
- Managing your social media and personal relationships
- What I learned from The Four Hour Work Week
- Getting people used to the way you communicate with them
- I talk about creating a task list
- I share about choosing my Non-Negotiables
- Choosing what you get done no matter what
- Looking for the untapped market within your company
- My story about how I accomplished this within my job in correctional health
- How I moved the needle
- Making sure you sell your product and yourself
[11:40- 14:53] Closing Segment
- I talk about how this information may pertain to you
- I wrap up the concept of time blocking and its importance
- Thanking my listener for her question
- Call to Action
“You teach people how to treat you and what to expect from you.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
“I just wanted to be the best in my area. I just wanted to deliver and over-deliver and I wanted to work on giant projects.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story; whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
What’s your Micro Empire?
To know more, visit our website https://micro-empires.com/ and I’ll see you there!