Everybody makes mistakes, however some of us end up going to jail for it. In today’s episode I have Augie Ghilarducci, Vice President of Training and Development for 2nd Opportunity, to share with us his experience in prison and how he has learned from his mistakes and used this experience to create opportunities for people who have been incarcerated.
We are going to talk about what he has been through that brought him to where he is today, and how he’s helping provide second chances to those who have similar experience as him. Let’s dive in!
[00:01 – 03:30] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome today’s guest
- I talk about Augie Ghilarducci’s background
[03:31 – 34:50] Augie’s Money Culture and His Experience in Prison
- Augie shares about his money culture
- His earnings became a representative of his value
- Money as an identity
- Living through scarcity mindset
- Augie talks about the events leading up to his imprisonment
- Shoutout to my podcast producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- GET A DISCOUNT on your first month with Streamlined Podcasts by using this link!
- Lessons learned from imprisonment
- Returning back to his faith
[34:51 – 27:09] Lessons Learned from Prison and Rebuilding Faith
- Realizing his mistakes and learning from it
- Understanding himself better as a human being
- Finding his purpose in life
- Returning back to his faith
- Volunteering to teach in prison
- Challenge of returning back from prison
- Re-learning everything
- The importance of keeping relationships
[44:08 – 55:06] Creating 2nd Opportunities for Himself and for Others
- Augie talks about his opportunities after prison
- Creating opportunities for people who have been incarcerated
- Acknowledging mistakes and being honest
- Providing management tools to better understand incarcerated people
- Providing programs that help learn in demand skills
[55:07 – 57:16] Closing Segment
- See the links below to connect with Augie
- Send him an email at email@example.com
- Final Words
“I learned through a process of understanding myself a little bit and understanding that as a human being, I am capable of a lot more than just how many widgets I can sell.” – Augie Ghilarducci
“We’re human beings that make mistakes. We have changed, and the mistakes we’ve made are in the past.” – Augie Ghilarducci
You can connect with Augie Ghilarducci through Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter. Check out his website at https://www.2ndopp.com/ or reach him at 847 257 2713.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
I have created a NEW eBook called “You Don’t Have to be Wealthy to Build Wealth” Click https://micro-empires.com/how-to-build-wealth/ for a FREE copy!