Welcome back to the Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Today I will be taking this chance to memorialize my One Year Mark, the moments that have occurred after quitting my job back in November of 2018, and the things I’ve learned along the way.
Let’s jump right into this episode, and I hope you can learn a thing or two from what I’m going to share.
[00:01 – 06:28] Opening Segment
- I share a recording of the day I decided to quit my job
- How I felt about my job
- I talk about not knowing what I wanted to do
- Wanted to pursue my dreams, but didn’t know what it was at the time
[06:29 – 18:40] What will my next steps be?
- I talk about the type of job I had
- 40 to 50 hours a week and traveled all the time
- Hanging out and traveling with my husband
- Spending time with my grandchildren
- Wanting to share the message of my story
- Wanted to be a public speaker
- Joined a speaker’s group
- Hired a speaking coach
- Joined a podcasting group
- Searched resources about podcasting
- Found out about Podcast Movement from Nashville Podcasters Group
- I joined Podcast Movement 2019
- Started recording the first five episodes for my podcast after the conference
- Talked to VOCAL MEDIA about my demo episodes
[18:41 – 20:28] Writing A Book
- A book publisher approached me about potentially writing a book.
[20:29 – 27:04] Remembering the things that have gone wrong
- My three houses sat empty for three months after quitting my job
- The city council of Nashville set up rules designed to drive small investors out of business
- Allowed opportunities for giant investors
- Letting go of the houses
- Pivoting and investing in other ways
- Hard money lending
- Stocks, etc.
[27:05 – 33:02] Things I’ve Learned This Year
- Didn’t know how I had a job in the first place
- Women have very specific needs regarding investing, salary, etc.
- My experience and skills in sales were utilized in ways I didn’t expect
- I don’t burn bridges
- I don’t believe in quit your job and take a leap and jump off
- I’m a believer in never closing those doors
[33:03 – 35:07] Closing Segment
- Resources I would like to leave with you
- Final words from me
“If you don’t make the space for someone else to come in your life, then how can that happen?” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
“What I’m trying to communicate is the opportunity to create your own path and create more wealth is not limited to just the wealthy; it’s available to anybody who wants to get in and learn it.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Subscribe to download my FREE eBook, “3 Steps to Pivot and Thrive: Using Micro-Risks to Build Your Micro Empire.” Click https://micro-empires.com/