The investing world has a lot of jargon and terms that may seem daunting for the first-timer, but in today’s episode of Micro Empires, John Fortes will walk us through the different processes in investing. As the founder of The Fortes Company, John has helped families find opportunities in passive wealth and financial security. He also hosts his podcast called “The Passive Investor Show” where he discusses the different areas and nuances of investing in real estate. Let’s jump right in and learn how to be financially secured!
[00:01 – 14:26] Opening Segment
- Fill up my investor form for investing opportunities at the links below
- I introduce John Fortes to the show
- John’s money culture growing up
- Save everything you have for a rainy day
- Buy the best quality
- Evolution of John’s money mindset
- Raising money one time and buying real estate again and again
[14:27 – 26:45] John’s Turning Point in Investing
- Joining a mastermind group and meeting people
- Investing in a bunch of assets
- Fund of fund vs. fund of real estate
- John’s ideal investors
- Minimum and maximum investment
- The steps in investing
[26:46 – 33:14] Self-directed IRA vs. Cash
- Sharing tax benefits through depreciation and cost segregation studies
- Distributions go in as proceeds, not contributions
- Shoutout to my Podcast Producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- Use promo code: MICROEMPIRES and get a discount
- K1 as cost-segregation benefit from investment
[33:15 – 40:58] Diversification and Deploying a 1031
- Diversification as a safety mechanism when a deal goes ineffective
- Beating inflation at 1% at a time
- John talks about their focus on apartments
- John talks about how he realized coaching
[40:59 – 48:47] Wealth as Time and Options
- Wealth as means to get you where you want to be
- Time as the most valuable asset
- Creating a criteria of deals
- The effect of money culture on John’s family
[48:48 – 53:40] Closing Segment
- How to connect with John
- See links below
- Final words
- Join my giveaway of the book, “The Only Woman In the Room”
- Follow Micro Empires on Instagram and put in a dollar sign emoji below the picture of this book
“When you’re young, you don’t listen to what people say until you actually go through it.” – John Fortes
“The investor doesn’t see what we invest. We just give them case studies from the previous opportunities that we had.” – John Fortes
“Time is the most valuable asset we all have, it’s not money.” – John fortes
You can connect with John by visiting his website www.johnfortes.com, and you can download a free investment tracker at www.projectedreturns.com. Also check out John’s podcast, “The Passive Investor Show”.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
Subscribe to download my FREE eBook, “3 Steps to Pivot and Thrive: Using Micro-Risks to Build Your Micro Empire.” Click https://micro-empires.com/coaching and I’ll see you there!