There is a saying in prison that goes “you can do the time, or you can let the time do you.”. Mike Morawski did more than his time’s worth and has accomplished so much more.
Welcome back to the Micro Empires podcast! Today, I welcome back Mike Morawski to dive deeper into the stories and turning points that he experienced inside the prison. This transitional phase really was a dark time, but Mike will share the people that have helped him pivot to who he is today. This includes books, ethics courses, case studies, and many more. His life in prison has taught him so much so let’s dive in and learn the kindness you can find in the darkest of places.
[00:01 – 7:59] Opening Segment
- A quick recap of what happened the last episode
- Go and listen to part 1 if you haven’t!
- Mike shares the events before and during the imprisonment
- The effects to his children and ex-wife
[08:00 – 16:05] The Prison Experience
- I talk about how the entire family suffers when one goes to prison
- The lack of humanity in federal prisons
- Mike shares his initial thoughts
- Your life goes on without you
- The effects of being in prison on a person
[16:06 – 22:16] Finding the Kindness: The Pivotal Point
- Doing the time
- Mike shares a story of when a man pursued him to go to the gym
- Going to college and getting a bachelors in theology
- Writing books and courses
- Exit plan
- An ethics course
- Ethical Case Study
- Shoutout to my podcast producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- Use promo code: MICROEMPIRES and get a discount!
[22:17 – 34:20] Mike’s Ethics and Case Studies
- Mike shares the effects of being in prison on his ethics
- How one bad decision could drastically change your life
- Getting out of prison and entering the pandemic
- Ethics and breaking the law
[34:21 – 38:39] Closing Segment
- See links below to connect with Mike
“You can do the time, or you can let the time do you.” – Mike Morawski
“You are faced with decisions every day that will affect the rest of your life. One bad decision, it changes like that.” – Mike Morawski
“Just because you act ethically doesn’t mean you break the law. But enough on ethical actions will cause you to break the law.” – Mike Morawski
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
I have created a NEW eBook called “You Don’t Have to be Wealthy to Build Wealth” Click https://micro-empires.com/how-to-build-wealth/ for a FREE copy!