Today’s episode was so fun because I had the privilege of interviewing the guys from The Money Guy show, Brain Preston and Bo Hanson on the fly! Brian Preston is the founder and host of the award-winning Money Guy Show, and has been broadcasting for over 15 years. He has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bankrate.com, Newsweek, Kiplinger’s, Yahoo Finance, Forbes, and more. Brian has been recognized by Investopedia as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential Advisors”, by Nerd’s Eye View as “Top 50 Advisor Blog”, and by Brightscope.com as one of the “Top 100 Most Social Financial Advisors”.
Bo Hanson on the other hand, is passionate about all things finance, and loves helping people make smart financial decisions. He knows it’s extremely fulfilling when solid financial planning “clicks” for the people he serves. He is also the co-host of award-winning podcast, The Money Guy Show, where he and Brian Preston share guidance and insight on topics ranging from clipping coupons to saving for retirement — and everything in between. He has been featured in and contributed to Fox Business, Bankrate.com, Time, Yahoo! Finance, Forbes, US News, World Report, and more.
I had so much fun talking to these guys as they shared their money culture, their advice for women who are building their wealth and relationships, and their thoughts on hiring financial advisors in the digital age. I learned so much from them in such a short time, so make sure to tune in and listen until the end!
[00:01 – 06:29] Opening Segment
- I welcome everyone to the show
- I introduce our guests, Brian Preston and Bo Hanson
- Bo’s money culture
- Grew up in extreme poverty
- Knowing that his situation was different
- Thinking that poverty was the norm
- Brian’s money culture
- Growing up with a lot of love but not a lot of money
- Growing up with limiting money beliefs
[06:30 – 18:21]
- Empowering women to take control of their money
- Make use of the resources and equip yourself with financial knowledge
- Take nothing for granted in your roles
- Encouraging spouses to be both involved in finances
- Providing equal access to financial resources
- Having a password management system to keep your finances safe
- Shoutout to my podcast producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- GET A DISCOUNT on your first month with Streamlined Podcasts by using this link!
- When to Seek for a Financial Advisor
- When the value provided exceeds the cost of the financial advisor’s fee
- Explore free resources in the Internet
- Now is the best time to invest
- So many resources are readily available
- So many free tools to help you invest
[18:22 – 23:38] Closing Segment
- Growing personal wealth between couples
- Couples must respect the legal aspect of those assets that come in the marriage
- Turn the assets into ‘we’re in this together’ on everything that’s made within the relationship
- Make sure you have the same goals
- Always goes back to money culture
- Connect with our guests through the links below
- Final Words
“I encourage that everyone should have a stake and understanding what’s going on in financial life.” – Brian Preston
“The only time it actually does make sense to hire a financial advisor is when you are certain that the value they can provide will far exceed the cost that they charge a relative, sort of a losing proposition for you.” – Bo Hanson
“I always say keep life as simple as long as you can because success attracts complication.” – Brain Preston
“Whether you do everything jointly, or whether you do everything separately, you have to have an open communication about what’s the whole purpose. Money is nothing more than a tool to allow us to do the things we want to do, so you have to arrive at the conclusion.” – Bo Hanson
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
I have created a NEW eBook called “You Don’t Have to be Wealthy to Build Wealth” Click https://micro-empires.com/how-to-build-wealth/ for a FREE copy!