Welcome back to Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Today I will be sharing with you my story about how I had to rebuild my life TWICE because of what had happened between me and my ex-husband.
Let’s jump right into this episode and find out how I overcame these obstacles in order to build my own micro empires.
[00:01 – 01:24] Opening Segment
- Talk briefly about what this episode is all about
[01:25 – 06:26] My Story
- My husband and I got a divorce
- I married my first boyfriend and we had two kids
- Started my Rebuild journey
- I moved back with my mom
- I got a job, but the attorney’s fees from the divorse kept draining my account
- My ex-husband kept suing me as well as my mother and siblings
- Filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy
[06:27 – 09:40] Building My Micro Empires
- Moved in with my new boyfriend
- I quit my job
- I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy again in order for my ex-husband to finally stop suing me
- Had no real income
- I only had my 401k
- Rebuilt my finances for the second time
- This time, I created small pockets of investments
[09:41 – 11:29] Closing Segment
- I was just an ordinary person trying to create wealth late in life
- I had to rebuild from nothing
- Final words from me
“Never ever ever turn your financial well-being over to another human being.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I’m excited to know more about you.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story; whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
What’s your Micro Empire?
To know more, visit our website https://micro-empires.com/ and I’ll see you there!