Welcome back to the Micro Empires podcast! Today, we will be listening to an episode that I reported back in May of 2020 at the beginning of Covid with someone I call a real estate ninja or a deal structure ninja; his name is Brandon Rumbley.
Brandon purchased his first investment property to flip in 2007. Although the deal went horribly wrong as he made all the mistakes new investors are prone to make, he was hooked! Learning from his mistakes, he moved on to the next deal. After hundreds of subsequent deals, he now most enjoys the strategic side of real estate. Brandon co-owns Renew Real Estate Services. He owns nearly 100 rental units with his partners, builds 15-20 homes per year, has several vacation rentals, and loves to invest using self-directed tax-deferred or tax-free vehicles.
Let’s tune in and learn more about the foundational steps to get started in real estate.
[00:01 – 08:20] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome today’s guest.
- Brandon Rumbley
- Brandon shares his background and the money culture he grew up in.
- Re-train your brain on how to think about wealth and wealthy people.
[08:21 – 15:19] Building Business Around Your Dream Life
- Create allies by sharing knowledge and help other people to succeed in real estate investing.
- Build the business around your dream life.
- If money is no object, what are the top 3 things you would do?
- Brandon shares the story of how he got into the real estate business.
- The point where he got the financial freedom from passive income.
[15:20 – 29:30] Foundational Steps to Get Started in Real Estate
- Brandon shares about his pivotal move and his projection on short-term rental investments.
- Shoutout to my podcast producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- Use promo code: MICROEMPIRES and get a discount!
- Foundational steps for beginners to get started in real estate investing.
- He shares the story of his mentor Pete Fortunato.
- Education is key.
- Take action!
- Become a mentee of someone.
[29:31 – 32:56] Closing Segment
- Brandon answers my question, “if you had just $10,000, what recommendation would you make to somebody on how to use that money to start to build some wealth?”
- Take at least half of it, spend it on advertising, and get the phone ringing with motivated sellers.
- Final words from Brandon and me.
- See the links below to connect with Brandon.
“You can’t spend too much time educating yourself; you have to take action!.” – Brandon Rumbley.
“The great thing about real estate is that even poor decisions that you make in real estate mostly time will cure those.” – Brandon Rumbley.
“Investing is a team sport, so I’m always happy to answer questions from people, even if I’m not going to benefit from it right now” – Brandon Rumbley.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future, but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
I have created a NEW eBook called “You Don’t Have to be Wealthy to Build Wealth” Click https://micro-empires.com/how-to-build-wealth/ for a FREE copy!