Benjamin Brandt is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Founder/President of Capital City Wealth Management, He is also the host of the popular podcast Retirement Starts Today Radio and the accompanying blog. Benjamin was recently named as one of the top 40 financial advisors under age 40 by Investment News. An Iraqi combat veteran, who served in the North Dakota Army National Guard for 8 years, including a 15 month deployment to Iraq in 2003. You may have seen Benjamin featured in The Huffington Post, CNBC.com, Forbes, Business Insider, ClarkHoward.com, and many others. In his free time, Benjamin and his wife Kristen can be found on the weekends at the hockey rink, or on the gymnastic and wrestling mats, chasing their SIX (count ’em!) energetic children.
In this episode, Benjamin shares with us the importance of viewing wealth. That it’s not just about buying things, but it’s also about creating an environment of abundance so that you can live the life that you want to live. And he also shares with us his journey from being a financial advisor to being a podcaster, and how he was able to use this platform to eventually grow his brand and his business. I hope you enjoy the show as much as I did and please let me know what you think.
[00:01 – 21:56] Opening Segment
- I welcome everyone to the show
- I introduce our guest, Benjamin Brandt
- Benjamin shares about his money culture
- Money is scarce
- In order to have more, you “have to save more”
- Learning to look at things at the lens of abundance
- Deciding to be foster parents
- Looking at the situation as an opportunity to be a service to the community
- Seeing the situation as an abundance of resources
- Processing the adoption of triplets
- Fortunate to have abundance
- Shoutout to my podcast producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- GET A DISCOUNT on your first month with Streamlined Podcasts by using this link!
[21:55 – 48:08] Financial Advisor Turned Podcaster
- How Benjamin transitioned into the podcasting world
- The goal was to grow the clientele
- Used podcasting as a wealth-building tool
- Retirement Tax Podcast
- New show to watch out for
- Marrying your CFP (certified financial planner) and your CPA (certified public accountant)
- Starting the Retirement Starts Today Podcast
- Being visible online
- Using this platform to nurture people
- Vetting financial advisors before hiring one
- Check their social media
- Do some research and find some key items
[38:09 – 40:32] Closing Segment
- Watch out for the new podcast on December
- Connect with Benjamin through the links below
- Final Words
“And so I looked at my situation through this lens of abundance and said I don’t have to spend less. I’ve got this time, latitude or longitude, to pursue other business activities so that I have this blue ocean of possibilities.” – Benjamin Brandt
“That’s why I put less focus on spending less and more focus on earning more.” – Benjamin Brandt
Take the money quiz at www.moneyscripts.com
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
I have created a NEW eBook called “You Don’t Have to be Wealthy to Build Wealth” Click https://micro-empires.com/how-to-build-wealth/ for a FREE copy!