Welcome back to the Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Today I will talk about the basic principles you should really focus on to become great entrepreneurs, whether you’ve been selling your product for some time or you’re just starting out. I will also be giving you advice on these principles using plenty of examples from my own experiences.
Alright, Let’s dive into this episode right away so you can start asking yourself the right questions to get the right answers.
[00:01 – 3:00] Opening Segment
- I introduce the theme for today
- I talk about a speech I gave that inspired this topic
- Why this will be important and give you 5 steps to approach this topic
[03:00 – 15:07] Sales 101 For Entrepreneurs
- Figuring out the three WHO’S
- Who is your customer and who is your buyer
- I talk about an event I spoke at including an example of the difference between these two things
- Sometimes finding a buyer may be more valuable than finding a customer
- Solve the problem of the buyer and use it to find your customer or “end-user”
- Who is your avatar
- I give examples of this process
- Giving your pitch and making it strong
- Value of giving your listeners numbers within your pitch
- The questions to ask to find out who your avatar is
- Who is your business and what problem do you solve?
- Who are you
- What this really means for you and your business
- Identify what your good and terrible at
- I wrap up this segment
[15:07- 25:55] How much should you charge for what you’re selling
- Know your end goal
- I give you some examples
- My own end goals and a big dream
- Think about the basics
- I breakdown the kind of things you should think about and the questions you should be asking yourself
- Compare that number to your price point and make sure it matches your goal
- 3 streams of income – One action should equal multiple products
- Breaking down what this means and how this looks providing you with examples
- Figure out what you do well and sell that
- Ask yourself, how many people do you need?
- This is what I needed in my case and how I figure that out
- I talk about how you only need “1 person”
- Wrap up by linking my last thought back to the 3 streams of income
[25:55 – 27:16] Closing Segment
- These are the tips to start thinking about sales
- Perfect for startups and entrepreneurs
- Final words
“Talent and success aren’t necessarily linked.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson.
“You don’t have to be boring to be a great leader.” – Jennifer Ives Grimson.
“Just think as big as you can possibly think and then when you think you can’t go any bigger, think bigger!” – Jennifer Ives Grimson.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story; whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Subscribe to download my FREE eBook, “3 Steps to Pivot and Thrive: Using Micro-Risks to Build Your Micro Empire.” Click https://micro-empires.com/