Welcome back to the Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the incredible Tela Holcomb https://www.telaholcomb.com/.
Tela teaches anyone how to trade in the stock market in plain English. She’s not a stockbroker but she’s somebody who was able to retire at 29 by learning the stock market from the bottom up. As you will find out she has tons of content available out there for anybody to learn this process.
[00:01 – 05:45] Opening Segment
- I introduced Tela to the show and talk about how we met
- I share some of Tela’s amazing projects
- Tela tells us about her background and childhood experience with money and budgeting
- Learning how to manage money at 14 from her mother
- Decided to get a job at 14 and started saving for things she wanted
[05:46 – 10:50] The Stock Market; What propelled Tela into the stock market
- Tela talks about how she knew and got into the stock market industry in the first place
- Tela shares her story about being a single mom and pushing into the entrepreneurial world
- Getting married, being fired from her job, and shifting gears to start trading in the stock market
[10: 51 – 14:49] Tela’s first journey in the Stock Market Industry
- Tela talks about the first time she started to focus on the stock market and being at home with her daughter for 2 years to earn income
- Tela shares her experience emotionally and how she decided to find purpose
- For 2 years she earned money from the stock market business but found herself in a sad situation with the lack of human interaction
- She got bored and decided to go back to work a 9-5 to look for the purpose she needed
- Her co-worker asked her to teach her how to enter the Stock Market Industry
- She shifts into teaching trading in 2015, started by creating a course
- Tela talks about the best part of being in this industry
- The freedom of being able to live the way she wants
- The ripple effect on others as entrepreneurs and being able to see it in action
[15:00 – 19:59 ] Stock Market – How To Get Started
- Tela shares some advice for people who are just getting started
- How the market has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Decision has to be made based on your age and situation, and especially depends on your goals; all of that is going to determine what is good for you
- Tela shares how she sees the shifting of the stock market in this COVID 19 situation
- Trading is dating and investing is marriage. Trading is a short term decision, where investment is planning for the long run to increase ownership in the company.
- Tela explains her free 7-day email course full of tips about the stock market.
[20:00 – 24:59] Content Queen : Engagement building journey
- Tela talks about her experience in creating content and how to start gaining engagement
- Her journey to find and build a brand within herself
- Tela explains how her life journey became the kind of brand that sells and is relatable to people
[25:00 – 35:04] Closing Segment
- Tela talks about the number of engagement she’s touched on various platforms
- Facebook Group : 15k
- Instagram: 30k
- Youtube: 10.5k
- Twitter: 2k
- Tela talks about her 10 and 10 initiative. Her crazy ambitious goal in her “Trade your 9-5 program” to get 10 people able to create income through the stock market
- Tela gives some books recommendation and reviews
- Profit First: Book by Mike Michalowicz
- The Big Leap: Book by Gay Hendricks
- Tela shares about her mentor; Tiffany Aliche
- How to get more from Tela?
- See links below
- Final words
“keep going and keep sharing in the authentic way. It will grow if you keep going!” – Tela Holcomb
“Anytime it seems like something that people wouldn’t expect me to do I’ve always been one to go for it.” – Tela Holcomb
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.You can call or text 213-973-7206.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story; whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
What’s your Micro Empire?
To know more, visit our website https://micro-empires.com/ and I’ll see you there!