Welcome back to the Micro Empires Podcast! I’m your host, Jennifer Ives Grimson. Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the incredible Allison Bohen. She is an amazing woman who went through a total shift in the culture of money and has a great money mindset.
She is now building her own micro empire which includes creating accountability groups, private money lending and helping lots of other women understand money through games.
In this episode we will get inspired by her amazing money mindset and her passion to help others through it.
[00:01 – 18:39] Opening Segment
- I introduce Allison to the show and how we met
- Background and her family
- Her childhood life and struggles after her parents divorce
- Culture of money
- Allison talks about her relationship with money in her teenage years
- She shares the story of her teenage pregnancy
- Her struggle to choose to keep the baby over adoption
- How she had to leave her job
- Welfare and other financial support
- Managed to graduate with a degree in business management and psychology and her working journey
- Allison shares the story of her second pregnancy when her daughter also got pregnant at the same time
[18:40 – 29:39] The Journey of Her Culture of Money After Her Family Implosion
- Allison talks about how she faced the transition on money culture through her marriage journey
- Shares the story about her financial situation after her divorce
- Joining real-estate investors group
- Decision to build her micro empires
- Allison talks about how the book ‘ Rich Dad Poor Dad,’ changed her perspective of money
- She shares the story about her huge transformation after she hired a guru and spent money on education
[29:40 – 37:09] Finding The Right Tribe and Community
- Allison shares her journey of re-finding herself
- Importance of having guidance from the right people
- Willingness to spend and the cost of education
- Finding her vision and passion to educate others about money and real estate
- Allison talks about the impact of having the right tribe and community
- Pursue the right people and have the courage to ask
[37:10 – 47:29] The Money Mindset and Multiple Streams of Income
- Allison talks about her money mindset
- Dave Ramsey approach
- The benefits of multiple streams of income
- Her journey in having multiple jobs
- The importance of having passion that keeps you going
- She talks about her passion to help women and youth through Robert Kiyosaki’s CashFlow game
- The art of negotiation and the courage to ask
- Allison shares the story about her accountability group
- The needs for accountability in life
- Stretch yourself and grow
- She talks about her values in life
- How to be comfortable with having value
[47:30 – 57:30 ] Real-Estate Rental and Private Money Lending
- Allison talks about her real-estate rental business
- How she got her capital from Self-Directed IRA
- She shares her story about private money lending
- Started her private money lending
- Joined an organization that has private equity funds
- Comparison between private money lending and bank loans
- What attracts people to do private money loans
[57:31 – 01:08:42 ] Closing Segment
- Biggest financial mistake?
- Turned over her financial independence during marriage
- The largest impact on achievement of financial Independence?
- Pausing, and letting things unfold
- Favorite financial independence resource?
- Best piece of advice?
- Go find somebody who’s doing something amazing in your world and just ask, ‘how did they do that?’
- Look around you and be patient with yourself, don’t give up!
- Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you and keep asking
- Common myth around women that limit their success?
- Being small and apologizing just to make other people feel comfortable
- The things that you are not good at?
- Being organized
- Content writing
- How to get more from Allison?
- Final words from me
“Money can only buy you two things: options and time. That’s it. Not love nor happiness,” – Allison (Bohen) Hoadley
“Multiple streams of income is always a good idea.”- Allison (Bohen) Hoadley
“Find something you enjoy doing and invite people to do it with you, and amazing things can happen.” – Allison (Bohen) Hoadley
“You really have to have a passion that keeps you going.” – Allison (Bohen) Hoadley
“Go find somebody who’s doing something amazing in your world and just say, ‘how did you do that?’” – Allison (Bohen) Hoadley
“Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you and keep asking.” – Allison (Bohen) Hoadley
- Section 8
- Food stamps
- Trinity College
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Dave Ramsey
- Self Directed IRA
- Women Don’t Ask by Linda Babcock
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com.You can call or text 213-973-7206.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story; whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Subscribe to download my FREE eBook, “3 Steps to Pivot and Thrive: Using Micro-Risks to Build Your Micro Empire.” Click https://micro-empires.com/