Dr. Bradley T. Klontz, Psy.D., CFP® is an expert in financial psychology, financial planning, and applied behavioral finance. He’s an Associate Professor of Practice at Creighton University Heider College of Business, Co-Founder of the Financial Psychology Institute, and Managing Principal of Your Mental Wealth Advisors.
In this episode, Dr. Brad shares the money culture he grew up in and how this has motivated him to be rich and eventually study how rich people live. He also talks about how our money issues are generational and how this affects our money scripts. Lastly, we also dove deep into the gender disparity in money and the impact of raising boys and girls differently around money. This was a really fun and interesting discussion, so I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
[00:01 – 08:51] Opening Segment
- I welcome everyone to the show
- I introduce our guest, Dr. Brad Klontz
- Dr. Brad shares about his money culture
- Grew up in a low income household
- Being conscious and aware of not having enough money
- Teaching The psychology of money
- Helping people with money mental blocks
[08:52 – 35:58] Learning About Your Money Scripts
- Developing a treatment program for people with money issues
- Money issues being generational
- Being aware of your money scripts
- Shoutout to my podcast producers: Streamlined Podcasts
- GET A DISCOUNT on your first month with Streamlined Podcasts by using this link!
- Using social media as a platform to educate about money
- Researching the psychology of wealthy people
- Learning that rich people are savers
- Having a mindset of always buying things won’t make you wealthy
- Learning the psychology of being a multimillionaire
- The gender disparity in money
- We must stop raising boy and girls differently around money
- Financial health and empowerment of women is a family issue
- Women who make more money than their male partners, they report lower relationship satisfaction
- Money tied to gender as it comes to masculinity is so different
[35:58 – 31:51] Closing Segment
- Start looking at your financial reality
- Connect with Dr. Brad through the links below
- Final Words
“The craziest money behavior makes perfect sense when you can identify the money scripts and where they came from.” – Dr. Brad Klontz
Take the money quiz at www.moneyscripts.com
Connect with Dr. Brad on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. You can also check out your videos on YouTube!
You can connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. I’m excited to hear more about you. I’m excited to know more about you. Also, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com. You can call or text 213-973-7206
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
This podcast is about YOU. We all have a story, whether your story is a lot like mine or totally different. Maybe you have a good job, but you know in your heart that you want more.
Let’s Work Together
Are you ready to begin INVESTING in your future but you don’t know where to start? Need more CONNECTIONS in the investing community? Sign up at https://micro-empires.com/investing-opportunities/ for investing opportunities!
I have created a NEW eBook called “You Don’t Have to be Wealthy to Build Wealth” Click https://micro-empires.com/how-to-build-wealth/ for a FREE copy!